The 7th annual Future of Music Coalition Policy Summit takes place Monday and Tuesday, September 17-18 in Betts Theater at George Washington University's Marvin Center in Washington DC.
Music distribution is rapidly moving to a global digital platform. Learn how technology is bringing artists and fans closer together. Participate in the debate on the critical issues at the intersection of music copyright, licensing, law, technology, and policy.
Senators Byron Dorgan (D-ND) and Ron Wyden (D-OR) will give the keynotes. There are over 90 incredible panelists, including:
- Tim Westergren: Founder, Pandora
- Tim Wu: Professor, Columbia Law School
- Gigi Sohn: President, Public Knowledge
- John Simson: Executive Director, SoundExchange
- Ben Scott: Policy Director, Free Press
- Jenny Toomey: Executive Director, Future of Music Coalition (and mistress of ceremonies)
Check out the full schedule here.
This is a "must attend" event for musicians, bands, managers, technologists, label owners, attorneys, and policy makers.
The conference is a bargain at only $199, and scholarships are available for working musicians. Registration closes Friday Sept 14 at midnight, so register NOW.