More than 600 participants will join over 100 reporters, editors, social media experts, and communication professionals who will present a variety of educational workshops to the public.
See the full program of events here.
It is the only major conference in the country that brings the public together with the news media for a day of open dialogue, networking and professional development.
The event is designed for businesses, nonprofit organizations, students, concerned citizens and those with an interest in news. No matter what your profession, or skill level, there’s something for everyone at FMC’s Connection Day.
David Mathison will be
speaking on the following topic:
8:45-10:00am: Guide to Twittering (And Why You Should)
- David Mathison: Author, BE THE MEDIA, former VP, Syndication, Reuters
- Stephen Fink: Managin Editor, WCBStv.com
- Richard Kessel: President and CEO, NY Power Authority
- Jonathan Ezor: Asst Professor of Law and Technology Director, Institute for Business, Law, and Technology, Touro Law Center
- Jessica Levin: Chief Connector, Seven Degrees Communications
The luncheon features a keynote address by Wall Street Journal and WCBS Radio News 880's Joe Connolly.
One of the many great panels includes a session on "The Future of News, and Why You Should Care," featuring:
- Betty Ellen Berlamino, President & General Manager, WPIX
- Lew Leone, Vice President & General Manager, WNYW-FOX 5 & WWOR My9
- Thomas O’Brien, President & General Manager, WNBC-TV
- Edward Guiliano, Ph.D., President, NYIT/Member, Fair Media Council Board of Directors
The 30-year old Fair Media Council advocates for quality local news coverage, and educates the public to become media savvy.
Click here to register