Seth Godin writes the world's most popular marketing blog, is the author of 11 bestselling books, and founder of Squidoo.com. According to American Way Magazine, Seth is "America's greatest marketer."
Scott Stratten is the author of the upcoming book UN-Marketing: Stop Marketing, Start Engaging. His viral videos have been viewed over 60 million times. Scott writes a popular blog, and has a lucrative speaking career.
“The more people who know your idea, the better you do.”
– Seth Godin
Seth Godin’s primary objective is to spread ideas. Dubbed "America's greatest marketer" by American Way Magazine, Seth Godin writes the world's most popular marketing blog, is the author of eleven bestselling books on marketing, and is the founder of Squidoo.com.
In today’s interview, find out how Seth Godin and Scott Stratten spread their ideas to millions of people, at low-to-no cost - and how YOU CAN TOO:
To read more, or to get the full transcript for this interview, follow the link...
- The one reason Seth will help you spread your idea
- Why having lots of bad ideas is a really good idea
- What every mass marketer needs to know about Groucho Marx
- How Seth got a quarter of a million people to download a portion of his book, Permission Marketing, and THREE MILLION people to download his book, Unleashing The Idea Virus – all from a $400 web site!
- Why Seth’s book, Purple Cow, is shaped like a milk carton, and why his book, Free Prize Inside, came inside a cereal box
Find out about the unique ways Seth is using to launch his new book, Linchpin:
“What I’m trying to do in Linchpin is acknowledge the BE THE MEDIA movement.”
– Seth Godin
- Why Seth refused to send advanced copies or do extensive interviews with traditional media
- Why Seth chose instead to work with the “BE THE MEDIA” world – bloggers, podcasters, videobloggers, and Blog Talk Radio hosts
- How Seth raised over $100,000 for the Acumen fund - in just two days
- Why it is better to not lock your ideas up in transaction-based systems that keep your ideas from spreading
“I hope everyone who has a great idea reads BE THE MEDIA.” – Seth Godin
“Being the media isn’t ‘an’ option, it’s the ONLY option.” – Scott Stratten
In this interview, you’ll learn:
- How Scott's videos have been viewed over 60 million times
- How one of Scott’s videos made a client over 5 million dollars in seven days
- How “The Time Movie” was viewed over FOUR MILLION TIMES, and got over 250,000 people to sign up for his newsletter – at almost NO COST
- The three keys you’ll need to create a great viral video, and the four keys to engaging your audience
- Why Scott positioned himself as an expert instead of a speaker
- How Scott went from 2,000 to 10,000 Twitter followers in a month (he now has 45,000 followers)
- Why Scott thinks you should IGNORE the number of Twitter followers you have
- How Scott’s recent Tweet-a-thon raised over $16,000 dollars for child hunger in less than 12 hours
- How Scott got 27,000 views for his first ever blog post
“I was my first client. I needed to BE THE MEDIA. I have no patience for gatekeepers and getting permission to do what I think is great.”
– Scott Stratten
Upcoming guests include:
- 02/03: Terry McBride: CEO, Nettwerk Music Group; co-founder of the Lilith Fair
- 02/14: Tegan and Sara
- 02/17: Jimmy Wales: Founder, Wikipedia; and JD Lasica: Author, Darknet
- 03/03: Craig Newmark: Founder, craigslist
PS: We want to interview YOU for future shows! Go to the Be The Media wall on Facebook and tell us about yourself, and why we should book you on our radio show.
We want to help you become even more successful than you already are!