REGISTER NOW! Free galleys of BE THE MEDIA will be given to attendees of the Academic Research for Media Reform symposium for scholars. The symposium will be held on June 5 at the Hyatt Regency, 1300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN.
Through a double-blind peer review process under the auspices of the Institute for Information Policy at Penn State University, the Program Committee generated eight sessions of papers submitted by leading academics from the nation's top schools.
Symposium attendees will discuss the most pressing issues in the media reform community. The eight sessions will focus on:
- Media ownership
- Sustaining independent media
- Access to dominant media platforms
- Network Neutrality
- International media reform efforts
- The media reform movement
- Copyright and free speech, featuring Neil Netanel's new book, Copyright's Paradox
- Roundtable discussion with members of the "Future of American Telecommunications." This group is designing a media and telecommunications policy framework for the 2009 administration.
The full program and schedule is now online. Join us in this unique opportunity to engage in a dialogue between academics and media reform advocates - and get a free galley of BE THE MEDIA!